Wednesday, June 27, 2007

In the Pink

Some days you wake up and you just know that it is going to be a bad one. For me this morning, the first blaring siren of doom was the pebbly feeling of pink eye that greeted me upon opening my eyes. After which I promptly forgot to wish my daughter happy birthday, making me feel like an utter ass when she reminded me. There is no food in the house that isn't filled with nitrates and preservatives, I have a mountain of laundry to do, and there is dog hair everywhere. All of which just add to the feeling of despair. I know that sounds melodramatic, but hey, it happens. Everybody else gets depressed, why shouldn't I once in awhile. I think pink eye is a marvelous excuse.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Bless your heart. I had pink eye once and what a gross little affliction. Waking up with eyes plastered shut.

Hope you and your day get better.

Jeannine said...

Oh, feel better soon! PS Adding you to my blogroll...

Peter said...

Hey Mona Lisi:
Welcome to the blogosphere.
Hope your eye is better.