Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I wear my sunglasses at night...

Well, today was an interesting day. As per the first post, I started my first blog (I'm not counting MySpace) and then I went rafting with my sister (the bride), my father, step-mother, and brother. For someone to whom exercise is the walk out of the parking deck and into the office, I have been dragged all over Seattle, climbed Saddle Rock mid-afternoon (I was sure those buzzards were coming for me), and been down the ice-cold Wenatchee River in a wetsuit (noone is seeing that picture!) and all in the last three days! But the point of this story is, while hopped up on adrenaline (I had just been bounced four feet above the raft, talk about air, by a huge wave) I decided to swim class-two rapids...with my glasses on. Now I am typing this at 12:22 am while wearing sunglasses because I can't sleep. On the upside I will be going to get my first contacts in a decade in the morning. Watch out for the new me! Maybe tomorrow I'll post a picture of the bruise...

4 comments:

marybid said...

Hi Mona! Sounds like you're having quite a blast out there. Welcome to the blogosphere.

jessica said...

Hey Mona! Welcome to the blogland :) Hope you're having a nice summer!

jessica said...

Live in GA is pretty nice, actually. It's amazing how happy people are when it's (what's the word, oh yeah) sunny outside. :)

mydisguises said...

hi mona. hoping all is well and that your summer is fun. kelly