Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Back in the O*H*I*O

Phew, it was a whirlwind weekend with a beautiful wedding, late nights, and lots to think about. It was sad leaving Wenatchee again. Every time that I go back it is confirmed for me more and more that it is where I want to live. There are things that I love about Youngstown, but I think that in order to grow as a person and a writer I need to experience life in a different place. Watch the moon rise and set above the banks of a river lustrous in the light of the stars laid bare in the alpine air. I have become complacent in this place where I know everyone and their parents and grandparents...I'll just have to wait and see where this next year leads. Hopefully that will be west. In the meantime I am going to start getting ready to go to Arizona in two weeks. I've never been to the Southwest, though I have a feeling that some things are going to remind me of W, WA. Off to finish my poem, "The Woman at the Wall." Much catching up to do after the last week. Crazy me thinking I'd have time to write in the middle of wedding preparations! OOh, here's a picture of the cake!

1 comment:

mydisguises said...

now that is a beautiful cake. imagine having an orange cake! i think i like your sister. and where you were sounds beautiful. glad you got to get away.